Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Good to be home



While it hardly seems as though an entire month has passed since I've been home, I can hardly complain. It's nice to catch up with friends and make progress on impending college paperwork. Oh yeah, for those of you who don't know, I've been in Europe with 7 other friends for about a month and a half. We returned safely last week.

So though time seems barely to have progressed back at home (my niche back at home, and daily routine, are all too easily shrugged into again, like worn jeans), I have only to check my newsletters at Arts-and-Crafts, Strictly Kosher records, and Suicide Squeeze to see that others have been busy. The Most Serene Republic has a new album out in October, Population, while Minus the Bear prepares their Summer tour, in promotion of the new LP Planet of Ice, which is due out in record stores August 21st. Visit both bands' home sites for more info.

Minus the Bear - Dr L'Ling
Minus the Bear - Throwin' Shapes
The Most Serene Republic - Sherry and Her Butterfly Net

Blue Scholars and The Silversun Pickups both had phenomenal performances last Friday at this year's Capitol Hill Block Party. Anyone with pictures from either day? The people who turned up were eccentric and amusing as ever. I was asked to 'help' make love in public by a sweet girl, twenty something and be-dreaded. It was good times, and reminded me why I love this sweet, eccentric, twenty something town.

Daft Punk were in town yesterday. The experience sure looked like a lot of fun, but out of my current budget range. Check it out.

Upcoming events? Eddy Izzard turns up in town on August 11th and 12th, Hemp Fest is August 18th and 19th, and I leave for college on the 21st or so. It's go-time!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Daft Punk was epic, euphoric, amazing, mind blowing.... ah I could keep going on. They haven't toured in so long, I feel really lucky to have experienced it. So worth the 50$ I paid for tickets.