Monday, January 15, 2007

What In The World...

Speaking of Modest Mouse (see comment on Wincing) What is the deal with Modest Mouse getting a guy from the Smiths in their band. I completely agree that Johnny Marr is a fabulous guitar player, but he doesn't really seem to...fit.

I've heard songs from MM's new cd and it lacks the intensity and queerball sound that they had achieved on their previous records. I'll have to wait 'til it comes out to see how it sounds but I must say i'm worried.

I guess what bothers me the most about this is that i love MM with all of my heart but i feel that suddenly it's become Marr and Mouse or something like that. it just seems that the simple unity of MM has been lost and now it's got a new leader who's leading in a new direction.

If you have any tracks from the new MM CD you should put a link to them because i'm honestly interested to see what it's like.

No comments: